Membership in WECAN is open to individuals who wish to support and contribute to Waldorf early childhood education in North America, and to early childhood programs, kindergartens, child care centers, home programs, and teacher training centers committed to the ideals and practices of Waldorf early childhood education.
Through membership, individuals and organizations participate in and offer support to the following WECAN activities:
- Educating the public and professionals working with young children regarding the educational philosophy of Rudolf Steiner, through conferences, lectures, seminars, publications and other means of communication
- Supporting the development of Waldorf early childhood centers, kindergartens, pre-schools, home programs, and training centers
- Providing a forum for the exchange of information and experience among those drawing their inspiration from the work of Rudolf Steiner in their work with young children
- Interacting with other educational organizations representing a wide spectrum of ideas about early childhood education
- Encouraging and supporting research regarding Waldorf early childhood education and the development of the young child, and publishing the results of such research
- Active participation in the worldwide Waldorf early childhood movement through WECAN's membership and activity in the International Association for Steiner/Waldorf Early Childhood Education (IASWECE).
Click on the buttons below for details about each type of membership.
Waldorf kindergartens and early childhood programs in North America: see if there is a program in your area.
Find a program >
Membership is open to individuals who support our work. Click here to join or renew your membership in our online store.